Community Wiki Support Meeting 20 December 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
Started a committee working on categories (5) Training has been done and a google doc has been created so that progress can be followed. There are plans for future training. We will be contacting people who haven't put categories on their pages and ask them to add the categories. We need a template that we can put on their Talk pages to remind them.
Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee - http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/2012sharingstrategy_1.pdf
Improve the Wiki
Ideas for unconferencing sessions at Rootstech:
- The value of the Wiki - how do we get the word out?
- Present some case studies - show people how they can have success using the Wiki
- Invite historical societies, etc. before the event - to come to a session - breakfast meeting with pastries, drinks - Diane Loosli would be the one to contact. (Jane will contact her). and ask her about So. Davis Family History Conference
- Then we would need to know who is coming so that we could invite them.
- Invite bloggers
- FamilyHistory conference in April in Bountiful (So. Davis Family History Conferenct) - will FamilySearch have a rep there? James Tanner?
- This page was last modified on 20 December 2012, at 16:44.
- This page has been accessed 408 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More