Community Wiki Support Meeting 21 February 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Maintenance Report
- Social Security Death Index not available for genealogy in the future due to fraud
- Petition is being generated to stop the fraud *Janell presented information about Wiki Support for the next year
- Focus on
- Caring for Patrons
- Teach and Train community
- Build internal relationships
- Evaluation, feedback, reporting
- Involve the community more in maintenance ::*Have missionaries work in specific areas that would be of interest to them
- Main page - could use it as a question forum - Do you want to research?, etc. Give them choices as they go through the questions and leads them to the pages that would give that information.
- Pool ideas, discuss, eliminate ones that don't work until you have a final approach - the way WikiHow works
- We need to have a meeting to brainstorm - main page, how to use questions and create steps to accomplish what the person is looking for - we should study WikiHow
- Bring in some Wiki trainers, other users to help with brainstorming
- We could walk people through Wiki and see the problems they have
- Approach - what problem do people have, how would they solve it, then show how to find it in the Wiki
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 21 February 2012, at 19:16.
- This page has been accessed 397 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki