Community Wiki Support Meeting 21 February 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Maintenance Report
- Social Security Death Index not available for genealogy in the future due to fraud
- Petition is being generated to stop the fraud *Janell presented information about Wiki Support for the next year
- Focus on
- Caring for Patrons
- Teach and Train community
- Build internal relationships
- Evaluation, feedback, reporting
- Involve the community more in maintenance ::*Have missionaries work in specific areas that would be of interest to them
- Main page - could use it as a question forum - Do you want to research?, etc. Give them choices as they go through the questions and leads them to the pages that would give that information.
- Pool ideas, discuss, eliminate ones that don't work until you have a final approach - the way WikiHow works
- We need to have a meeting to brainstorm - main page, how to use questions and create steps to accomplish what the person is looking for - we should study WikiHow
- Bring in some Wiki trainers, other users to help with brainstorming
- We could walk people through Wiki and see the problems they have
- Approach - what problem do people have, how would they solve it, then show how to find it in the Wiki
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 21 February 2012, at 19:16.
- This page has been accessed 468 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More