Community Wiki Support Meeting 22 May 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Lee Drew for sharing his knowledge with us and his constant help
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
- Most categories are almost at zero. Unresolved issues will take some time.
- Orphan pages - a lot are duplicates that needed to be deleted
- To be determined - may have several that need to be deleted, also.
Rootstech - there is a call for papers. Do we have anyone who would be willing to present this year?
- Hands-on presentations would work well for Wiki
- Janell will see what might be planned, already
Improve the Wiki
- Questions have been asked about the Home Page and why we are making changes.
- We understand the difficulties, but others may not.
- How do we make a case for improving the navigation and entryway to the Wiki?
- Should we put together a survey and send it to people who have contributed to the Wiki, or know about the Wiki?
- What would make you want to come back to work on the Wiki?
- What problems did you encounter?
- Navigation problems - what was helpful/problems?
- Focus and expand on research needs to be emphasized, as reasons to use the Wiki
- Advertising is a key to getting people into the Wiki and contributing
- This page was last modified on 22 May 2012, at 16:04.
- This page has been accessed 509 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News