Community Wiki Support Meeting 23 August 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Rorie Jenson for her work on the Indian/Idaho project
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
- Maintenance numbers are in great shape. Sandra will be working on Unresolved issues. There is a problem with deleted portals still showing up in the Search function. Sandra will report this to HQ.
- Newsletter that goes out to 300,000 people and there is a spotlight focus in it. They want to focus on the Wiki in the next issue. Ideas for the article:
- Jane - ways that we give support through phones, e-mails, classes, FH Centers, (using the Wiki), training to work on the Wiki
- Explain what the Wiki is, (Gold mine) give information on a Help article, highlight a particular article - how to get to it.
- Case study?
- Census pages would be good to highlight
Improve the Wiki
- Image to be discussed
- Update Success stories page with links to other, more current case studies
- Discussion of Wiki Home page survey and Wiki page for survey.
- We will just use the survey to evaluate the 4 main page candidates for now.
- Create some questions that people would use to evaluate how the wiki would work for them, and also have them use the pages to find an answer to a task of their own. (Do this in a future survey for more in-depth questioning)
- Use the current surveys with a few small changes to determine which main page should be used.
- This page was last modified on 23 August 2012, at 17:04.
- This page has been accessed 306 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page