Community Wiki Support Meeting 23 August 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Rorie Jenson for her work on the Indian/Idaho project
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
- Maintenance numbers are in great shape. Sandra will be working on Unresolved issues. There is a problem with deleted portals still showing up in the Search function. Sandra will report this to HQ.
- Newsletter that goes out to 300,000 people and there is a spotlight focus in it. They want to focus on the Wiki in the next issue. Ideas for the article:
- Jane - ways that we give support through phones, e-mails, classes, FH Centers, (using the Wiki), training to work on the Wiki
- Explain what the Wiki is, (Gold mine) give information on a Help article, highlight a particular article - how to get to it.
- Case study?
- Census pages would be good to highlight
Improve the Wiki
- Image to be discussed
- Update Success stories page with links to other, more current case studies
- Discussion of Wiki Home page survey and Wiki page for survey.
- We will just use the survey to evaluate the 4 main page candidates for now.
- Create some questions that people would use to evaluate how the wiki would work for them, and also have them use the pages to find an answer to a task of their own. (Do this in a future survey for more in-depth questioning)
- Use the current surveys with a few small changes to determine which main page should be used.
- This page was last modified on 23 August 2012, at 17:04.
- This page has been accessed 352 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More