Community Wiki Support Meeting 25 April 2013Edit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266  '9:30' am. Mountain time on Thursdays

  • You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
  • Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.

Purpose of the meeting

Improve the Wiki

  • Forge solutions with other community contributors.
  • Share best practices, ideas, and content.
  • Discuss current issues, community matters, and strategies.
  • Move issues to decision.



Contents

Meeting Agenda

Introduce new members

Kudos go to ...

Worked on this week
Blake
Charles International Wiki's, working with Russian and German, especially.
Dennis Taught Wiki User classes at Ft. Union FHL and the Davis County UGA Fair. Working on presentation for Wiki User Class to update with FS changes. Introduced a German couple to Charles to get involved with the International pages.
Howard Learning, needs some mentoring help, has been studying the workings of the wiki
Janell did a lot of griping about the new site and it paid off. She explained how the wiki will have more visibility in the near future
LaVera Categories, Showthreads project (moving old forum threads to a google doc so they can be preserved, Welcoming committee
Lee templates - research on those especially for international wiki's
Lynda Moderator form and pages, Recent changes, Volunteers, Liasion committee
Rick Volunteers
Rorie Taking care of baby's
Sandra Categories, Template categories, Worked with Sister Sally Collier


  • Understanding Metadata

Updates and follow up

  • Maintenance Report - Sandra
  • Review of Individual Assignments
  • Evaluation of goals set from previous meetings:
  • Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee
  • Windows update Tues. night (security)
  • Java7 update if you are using it for something other than AmDocs


Business/Announcements

Improve the Wiki

  • Kent Workhouse pages: from Nathan, Hi Lynda. It sounds like these folks have valid complaints. The problems look unresolvable until we have adequate coverage tables.
  • While patrolling, watch for Wales pages that might have gazeteer information that's been copied and pasted.
  • Liasion committee
  • Moderator pages and form


Priority items for this meeting:

  • Item:
  • Goal for this item:
  • Steps to achieve this goal:
  • Assignments and dates of completion:
  • Evaluation date:


Wiki Project


 

Need additional research help? Contact our research help specialists.

Need wiki, indexing, or website help? Contact our product teams.


Did you find this article helpful?

You're invited to explain your rating on the discussion page (you must be signed in).

  • This page was last modified on 25 April 2013, at 16:57.
  • This page has been accessed 1,184 times.