Community Wiki Support Meeting 26 July 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Lynda & Jane for helping with support in Skype
- Family History Center in Nephi for allowing Dennis to do his mission work from there.
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
- Nathan Miles needs some help on working with FHC's to educate them about the Wiki. Nathan is visiting FHC's in Pennsylvania and talking about how to use the Wiki and other family history programs. He is talking to directors and consultants.
- Untapped goldmine for finding the records for people we're looking for.
- Helps understand locations where ancestors lived
- Census pages are loved by the FHC people and researchers
- Research Guide page is a great tool for FHC's
- Jane's classes
- Ancestry article - Wiki is a Goldmine
Improve the Wiki
- Design team will meet Friday - will discuss the entry pages and how they will be tied together. Testing should begin soon.
- Testing will be done on the Labs page and by us and some local FHC's. Have a list of tasks that people can do through the Home Page, to see how that works. We need people who haven't used the Wiki before and those who have used it and might be encouraged to contribute.
- Take a look at the Tour page and see if you can improve it. Remove Collaborate section but look to a landing page with the information on it.
- FGS conference is August 28th in Alabama. If anyone has time, content could be added to the Alabama count pages.Idaho/Indian project - needs volunteers
- This page was last modified on 26 July 2012, at 16:29.
- This page has been accessed 345 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page