Community Wiki Support Meeting 28 February 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 '9:30' am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- Maintenance report - Sandra
- Evaluation of goals set from previous meetings:
- Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee ( Mailto: )
- Patrolling - Recent Changes
- Look at more than the Talk pages - Sandra saw a lot of information boxes being added, as well as large edits. English and Scottish pages are being worked on quite a bit. Many needed categorization.
- Looking at recent changes can help us see how we can work with the priorities below.
- We can see who is making a lot of contributions
- We can help new users create talk pages
- Watch for contributors with a lot of edits and then give them some kind of award as they cross certain thresholds
- Welcoming/helping new volunteers
- Usability of the Wiki for researchers - maintenance
- Supporting existing volunteers
- Recruiting volunteers
- Supporting International Wikis
- Family History Center Locator - Site links being changed to the wiki
Improve the Wiki
- Nav bar intro's
- Uploading and documenting images
Priority items for this meeting:
- Goal for this item:
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date:
- Volunteer project - we have had 9 people respond to our volunteer form. We will need missionary help to give these people some basic editing training when they respond with times that are good for them. They vary in their experience with the Wiki.
- This page was last modified on 28 February 2013, at 17:40.
- This page has been accessed 118 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More