Community Wiki Support Meeting 2 August 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
Improve the Wiki
- Copywrite statement--where do we file it? Previously published South Africa Research Guide on a site that no longer exists. I contacted author about posting it on the wiki; author agreed. I then queried her about copyright. Her response, "I have read carefully through the Wiki Conditions of Use and understand the concept of Creative Commons copyright. I agree to the conditions. Nobody other than myself holds the copyright to my Beginners Guide." Shouldn't that statement be preserved?"
- This could be added to the reference section of the article.
- Image uploads information
- We have permission to have an engineer work on the Upload image email. See Help:Uploading images and files. The example of needed information could be added and a short form for Description, etc. that they would just fill out.
- Images of live persons - should the policy be changed, and how?
- The policy needs to be re-written, to indicate that modesty is an issue and allowing live people if permission is given.
- Example of form that could be uploaded to go with the image. Walmart agreement. This information could be hidden from the general public, since it would only need to be accessed by administration, in case of a legal problem, etc. (Template:Hidden)
- Lynda will create a sample upload page and talk to Steve Cottrell about a drop down box for the CC licensing
- Is the procedure for uploading images useable?
- This page was last modified on 7 March 2013, at 20:09.
- This page has been accessed 487 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More