Community Wiki Support Meeting 2 January 2014Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WebEx ID: 997 636 893; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 9:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays'
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to ...
- Definitely Charles for the awesome HTML 5/Wiki class
- Charles and Mark for working on extra large catagory (Ireland) 2000 pages. They reorganized it. Now working on Norway with 1800 pages in catagory.
- Let Sandra know if we find something that large. Skype Sandra Pond
Priority items for this meeting:
Updates and follow up
Submit hours to Charles
Sandra now "volunteer" status; Lee is now "volunteer" status as well and has also moved to another mission calling.
- Training/new missionaries & Volunteers
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Tech updates
Robin's working on African American history. A good search page:
For now, S. Carolina is only one of these available. You do need to know where the person lived. Not many records pre-1870 to find African Americans. This is a step back a bit further in time. It lists many things such as labor contacts, slave owners, etc. Click on 'learn more'...before this it could only be found in US Archives. She also shared her blog
This is one way to Share the Gospel in unusual ways - see http://www.lds.org/church/share?lang=eng
- Questions from HTML 5 Class (Mondays at 12PM Mountain):
- Charles absent from today's meeting, but he is aware of issue re: headings (center, font, margin). He fixed Mark's. Rick and Linda had same issue.
Patrolling and Amdocs Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
- Patron response to Welcoming and is there a way to delete their User and User Talk page
- See what is being touched.
- Catch potenial attacks
Anomolies Page: ask Steve Cotrel (community counsel and guru) ... a patron came across page while looking for something simple to help with. She contacted us thru amdocs. We really don't know what to do with them - he might know.
Linda will help her with simple things.
LaVera : Someone was upset that someone wrote on their talk page. LaVera tried to help out, but the patron left the Wiki. LaVera erased the "welcome" comment. Now the question is.. Could you take talk page away without affecting the patrons FS /family search tree account. Answer: Persons user names work even if they never signed on to the Wiki. If they submit something to a page, their talk page comes up as a red link. The welcoming committee puts on a welcome templete. But, can we delete user name and talk page, not just erase it? Sandra said she can delete page... even if it is a talk page. Put the delete template on and she will do the honors. Sandra said this does not affect the usability of FS.
Sandra mentioned about someone else one to two months ago thought having a page on the Wiki might compromise their private information.
Salesforce accounts currently active
Sandra, Mark, Diana, Linda, Robin, LaVera, Barbara BE SURE TO ACCESS at least once a week so we don't lose the accounts we have
Amdocs - who can access?
LaVera (only one of us)
PATROLLING....National Institute pages and Indexing pages...leave them alone. They are unique unto themselves
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
- What do you need help with?
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
- Assistance with Help page updates
Robin? Can we get the link (Janell or Guiseppe) about Tues devotional?
Lavera- (Help page update) Google doc - work on help page...can Robin look at please.;https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApyD-Fq2b_KUdERsOUFDc0ZUVHhnQldkTnFfQTItcVE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
Linda - google doc..submit info to the wiki...can we make new page for 2014? Robin to meet with Linda on Monday afternoon
Robin: 3 "Welcoming" committees. Can we be more cohesive? Welcome new volunteers, contributors, and moderators.
Robin Welcoming (Lavera -when see someone with red talk on recent changes, we put templete. There is another list of past participants (don't use that list as much) ...we put welcome on their talk page. We look on their history and make sure their contributions are appropriate for them. ie...are they just doing FHC pages? or something more personal? The template used is personalized to their contributions. - and put on the TALK page)
New Moderator (Myra),
New contributors - not contacted until after welcoming have done their part.
committees - can we combine in some way (LaVera's, Robin's, Myra, Linda)
Can we be more cohesive as a group? Perhaps on a Monday, later in the day (Robin, LaVera, Myra, Linda...and anyone else that might like to join us). -*result...let's do this Once a month.
New missionaries, browse through to see what might be of interest to you. Let us know where you would like to work.
No meeting this afternoon.
- Moderator Support report - Cleaning up moderator list and finding current moderators. (Myra)
For next week:
- New Contributor Support report:
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||Thurston County - FamilySearch Catalog, York County|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development|
|Linda||New volunteers||Submit info to the Wiki|
|Robin|| Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers
||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina|
|Rorie||New Missionary Training, Special Projects||Idaho & Native American Moderator|
Supervisor Training or Updates
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 17:15.
- This page has been accessed 451 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki