Community Wiki Support Meeting 3 January 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3030; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Mondays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
- Maintenance work - much has been accomplished
- Broken links are down to under 200. This has been a huge effort.
- Many thanks go to Sandra Pond for her work,as well as the rest of the team
- 2012 Goals for Maintenance work on large pages
- uncategorized pages
- external links that should be internal
- Orphan pages
- Link to Wiki from pop up box from Family History Center search.
- That search is being revamped. Janell is checking on status.
- Goals accomplished for 2011
- Contributor Help page has been revamped - thanks to Jane Colemnares
- Great feedback
- Jane is making changes to many of the Help pages (screen caps)
- Family History center work with pages, wiki trainers, train FHC directors on using the Wiki
- Committee's set up for additional support of Wiki
- Mentoring program
- Overhaul of missionary training program
- Governance - James will go over this on Jan. 10th in this meeting.
- Goals for 2012 for the Support team
- Moderators and Adopters - decision on role and responsibilities
- Patrolling - bring in other people who have worked in the Wiki
- Reach out to the community in how to use the Wiki
- Make it more user friendly
- More content for beginners
- Come to this meeting next week with suggestions for goals for the Support Team for 2012
- Items of Interest:
- James will be doing a webinar for Legacy FamilyTree
- Scanning of Mesa City Cemetery is progressing
The future of the Wiki is sound. A new team called the Research Help team is being created and the Wiki will be a major part of that.
- This page was last modified on 16 January 2012, at 19:07.
- This page has been accessed 383 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More