Community Wiki Support Meeting 3 January 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3030; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Mondays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
- Maintenance work - much has been accomplished
- Broken links are down to under 200. This has been a huge effort.
- Many thanks go to Sandra Pond for her work,as well as the rest of the team
- 2012 Goals for Maintenance work on large pages
- uncategorized pages
- external links that should be internal
- Orphan pages
- Link to Wiki from pop up box from Family History Center search.
- That search is being revamped. Janell is checking on status.
- Goals accomplished for 2011
- Contributor Help page has been revamped - thanks to Jane Colemnares
- Great feedback
- Jane is making changes to many of the Help pages (screen caps)
- Family History center work with pages, wiki trainers, train FHC directors on using the Wiki
- Committee's set up for additional support of Wiki
- Mentoring program
- Overhaul of missionary training program
- Governance - James will go over this on Jan. 10th in this meeting.
- Goals for 2012 for the Support team
- Moderators and Adopters - decision on role and responsibilities
- Patrolling - bring in other people who have worked in the Wiki
- Reach out to the community in how to use the Wiki
- Make it more user friendly
- More content for beginners
- Come to this meeting next week with suggestions for goals for the Support Team for 2012
- Items of Interest:
- James will be doing a webinar for Legacy FamilyTree
- Scanning of Mesa City Cemetery is progressing
The future of the Wiki is sound. A new team called the Research Help team is being created and the Wiki will be a major part of that.
- This page was last modified on 16 January 2012, at 19:07.
- This page has been accessed 363 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page