Community Wiki Support Meeting 3 January 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 '9:30' am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- Maintenance report - Sandra
- How did we do in 2012?
- What do we need to focus on in 2013?
- Out of date articles
- Articles needing citations
- Wanted pages
- Stub articles
- Evaluation of goals set from previous meetings:
- Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee
- Look at ASAN for setting up projects
Improve the Wiki
Priority items for this meeting:
Sections on the right side of the page - Research Help & Contributor Help (Janell)
- What should go under the Research section? (new box on new main page on the right)
- Under the Community section, where do we point the Forums link?
Goals achieved for 2012
- Moderators and Adopters - decision on role and responsibilities
- More content for beginners
- New Main page that is more user friendly, along with new landing pages
- New committee's created
- BYU book links corrected
- Community Council created and up and running
Goals for 2013:
- More visibility for the Wiki
- Goal for this item:
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Unconferencing sessions at Rootstech (agenda 20 Dec. 2012
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Caroline will write an article for the newsletter asking for topic ideas
- Evaluation date: 31 Jan. 2013
- Volunteer Project
- Goal: Bring in volunteers and let them see what they can do in a single location or topic that they're interested in.
- Steps to Achieve:
- Make it easier to find pages that need help, such as Stub articles and "Wanted" pages. Suggestions:
- Add a link to the Stub types articles and the Wanted Pages article on the "Things to do" page
- Find a way to get all the needs for one locality or topic on the same page
- Bring in moderators - make it one of their responsibilities to create a "Things to Do" page for each locality
- Caroline - look for a way to link to the "Wanted" page or Stub page for a specific locality (State)
- Lee - work with reporting in this area
- Team - We all need to experiment with how to identify the pages and get them where they can be found easily. This is going to take more brainstorming and experimenting
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2013, at 17:18.
- This page has been accessed 612 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page