Community Wiki Support Meeting 9 August 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Rorie Jensen for work on the Indian and Idaho projects - she is still looking for help
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra - In great shape!
If we get the Widget extension added, we would need to patrol more of the recent changes. We will spend the next week checking to see how many of the recent changes can be patrolled in the normal patrolling shifts. Report next week on the results.
- Image Upload Email form - a couple samples have been created. We have information on adding the drop down lists for CC licensing, from Steve Cottrell.
- The list of licenses that is available from the Special:Upload page come from the MediaWiki:Licenses page. From what I understand the Special:EmailFile form was created by FamilySearch engineers. To add the list of licenses to this page would require a rewrite of this page by the FamilySearch engineers. In saying that I can't see any reason why this form could not be rewritten to include a drop down box using the MediaWiki:Licenses page so when that is updated the list of available options is also updated.
- Link to the Creative Commons worksheet page so that the patron can understand and select the correct license and link to a page that explains what the information needed should cover.
- Make sure that they are linked to another tab so they don't lose their place.
- Return to previous page - or do you have to link to the page specifically?
- This was addressed at one point, but it didn't work well and it wasn't implemented.
- Hopefully, when navigation is changed on the right side of the page, it will help people keep from getting lost.
- Could a button that says, Return to Previous Page, take you back and list the last few pages
- Do we need to educate people to using the right and left arrows?
- Is there a page in the Wiki about navigating in the Wiki? Could we add information about the arrows?
- How do we make it more simple?
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 7 March 2013, at 20:09.
- This page has been accessed 448 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More