Comprehensive List of Chapels and District Churches Lying within the Civil Parish of Bethnal GreenEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to the Bethnal Green St Matthew, Middlesex page.
Here is a Comprehensive List of Chapels and District Churches Lying within the Civil Parish of Bethnal Green and the years each one started or was created:
All Saints Mission, Vyner St, Bethnall Green - 1896
Holy Trinity, Shoreditch - 1867
Jews’ Episcopal Chapel, Bethnal Green - 1814
St. Andrew, Viaduct St, - 1843
St. Barnabas, Grove Rd - 1870
St. Bartholomew, Coventry Rd - 1844
St. James the Great - 1844
St. James the Less - 1843
St. John - 1837
St. Jude - 1846
* St. Matthew - 1745
St. Mathias, Cheshire St - 1846
St. Paul - 1867
St. Peter - 1843
St. Philip - 1842
St. Simon Zealots - 1847
St. Thomas - 1844
Note: Just prior to and in about 1840, a French Protestant Church located on St John Street became a temporary chapel for the Church of England in order to handle some over-crowding issues of that time and until such time as approximately ten additional chapelries were built after 1840 and by 1850. In addition, the French Protestant Church (Swanfields) lying in Bethnal Green was considered an "Anglican" church, although it was a French church.
- This page was last modified on 25 June 2012, at 17:09.
- This page has been accessed 500 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page