Confederate BiographiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Sifakis, Stewart. Who Was Who in the Civil War . New York, New York: Facts on File, 1988. (FHL book 973 H2sif.) This biographical compendium has histories of 2,500 civilian and military notables of the North and South, including 1,008 generals.
- Hoar, Jay S. The South’s Last Boys in Gray. Bowling Green, Ohio: Bowling Green University Press, 1986. (FHL book 973 D3ho.) Contains biographical sketches of the last surviving Confederate veterans.
- Wakelyn, John L. Biographical Dictionary of the Confederacy. Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 1977. (FHL book 973 D3wj.) The sketches contain birth, marriage, and death information. Some identify the parents and discuss the professional and military careers.
- Current, Richard N., editor. Encyclopedia of the Confederacy. Four Volumes. New York, New York: Simon and Schuster, 1993. (FHL book 973 M2ec.) Contains historical sketches on campaigns and battles, social and cultural aspects of the Confederacy as well as biographical sketches of both political and military leaders. A bibliography is included at the end of each sketch.
- Dornbusch, Charles E., compiler. Military Bibliography of the Civil War . Three Volumes. New York, New York Public Library, 1975. Reprint, Volume 4. Dayton, Ohio: The Press of Morningside Bookshop, 1987. (FHL book 973 H2dn; film 1036612 items 1–3.) A bibliography of 8,241 regimental and unit histories, narratives, and biographies for both the North and the South.
- This page was last modified on 3 January 2012, at 23:35.
- This page has been accessed 1,190 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page