Connecticut Civil War Union Colored TroopsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Connecticut enlisted 1,764 men of color.
The following information comes from the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors web site. The web site can also be searched by the name of a soldier.
- 29th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry (Colored)
Mustered in March 8, 1864. Organized at Fair Haven.
Mustered out October 24, 1865. At New Orleans October 27-November 11. Honorably discharged at New Haven, Connecticut, November 25, 1865.
- 30th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry (Colored)
Mustered in March 1864. Organized at Fair Haven.
18 May 1864 - Moved to Annapolis, Maryland and consolidated with 31st Regiment United States Colored Troops.
- ↑ United States. War Department, The War of the Rebellion: a Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, (Washington, District of Columbia: Govt. Print. Office, 1880-1901), Series 3, Volume 4, page 1269. FHL book 973 M29u ser.3 v. 3, FHL film 845422.
- This page was last modified on 8 August 2012, at 22:27.
- This page has been accessed 556 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki