Connecticut For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
For more detailed information about research and records of Connecticut, see:
- Crandall, Ralph J. ed. Genealogical Research in New England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1984. FHL Book 974 D27gr.
- Kemp, Thomas J. Connecticut Researcher's Handbook. Detroit: Gale Research Company, 1981. FHL Book 974.6 D23k. This book contains a detailed list of available sources.
- Lindberg, Marcia Wiswall, ed. Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research. 2nd ed. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1993. FHL Book 974 D27g 1985; Fiche 6051401 has the 1981 edition. This is an excellent guide to the location of public records.
- Sperry, Kip. Connecticut Sources for Family Historians and Genealogists. Logan, Utah: Everton Publishers, 1980. FHL Book 974.6 D23s. This is a general handbook and helpful guide to research strategies, archives, and published sources.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. Free online version; FHL Book 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- This page was last modified on 10 July 2012, at 22:57.
- This page has been accessed 1,286 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page