Connecticut GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Connecticut
Guide to Connecticut ancestry, genealogy and family history, birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records
|News and Events|
| - Connecticut Society of Genealogists' Events|
Welcome to the Connecticut page,
the Nutmeg State
- CT wills are filed by probate districts
- State probate index on microfilm
- CT land records were kept by town clerks and are found at the town halls
|How to Find Information about Connecticut Ancestors|
Connecticut State Library · Connecticut Historical Society · Godfrey Memorial Library · J. Eugene Smith Library · Homer D. Babbidge Library · Mystic Seaport Museum · Yale University Library · New England Historic Genealogical Society · New York Public Library · National Archives Northeast Region (Boston)
Atlantic Coast Ports · Boston Post Road or King's Highway · Connecticut River Valley · Farmington River Valley · Housatonic Valley · Catskill Road · Connecticut Turnpike · Greenwood Road · King's Highway or Boston Post Road · Long Island Sound · New Haven and Milford Turnpike · New London and Lyme Turnpike · Old Connecticut Path · Pequot Path · Philipstown Turnpike
Featured ContentFamilySearch Catalog has information for Connecticut researchers. It includes information about early New England settlers (1600s-1800s), Records of the Particular Court of Connecticut, (1639-1663), bible records and a multitude of other information valuable to the genealogist.
- Connecticut County Creation Dates and Parent Counties
- Connecticut Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- How to order Connecticut Vital Records
- The Connecticut GenWeb Project provides county information about formation date, parent county, county seat, bibliography, cemeteries, census, churches, towns, history, look ups, obituaries, queries, repositories, surname registry, and many Internet links.
- History & Facts of Connecticut Counties
- Researching Connecticut Census Records
- State of Connecticut County & City Government Court links
- Colonial Connecticut Records 1636-1776 has full text searchable digital images.
- The New England Historic Genealogical Society has many important Connecticut manuscript collections.
- Family Tree Encyclopedia - Terminology & Meanings of Genealogical Terms
- Printable Genealogy Forms used in Research
- Connecticut Genealogy offers databases, transcribed records, and a social network for Connecticut researchers.
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network - Connecticut
- Rotating Formation Connecticut County Boundary Maps and Atlases
- Connecticut Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- List of Connecticut Archives, Libraries, Publications, Historical & Genealogical Societies
- American Revolutionary War (1775-1783)
- The American Civil War
Wiki articles describing these collections are found at:
- Connecticut Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Connecitcut Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records
- Connecticut Death Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Connecticut Divorce Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Connecticut Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records
- Connecticut, Marriage Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
A "must read" concerning the addition of vital records: Connecticut Vital Records General Statutes
Obtain additional help
- Call or chat with an experienced researcher
- Join a Facebook Group
- Consult a Professional Genealogist
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:43.
- This page has been accessed 60,196 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More