Constantine, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Constantine, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Falmouth PLU|
|Parish registers: 1562|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1597|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
CONSTANTINE (St. Constantine), a parish, in the union of Falmouth, E. division of the hundred of Kerrier, W. division of Cornwall, 5½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Helston. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and Bryanites.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Constantine, Cornwall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Constantine, Cornwall Parish Online Records|
||1674-1772, 1788-1901|| |
|FS PRs||1562-1709, 1746-1901||1562-1709, 1746-1900||1562-1709, 1746-1901|
Overview, Include information for parish registers and Bishop's Transcripts, Contact information for the office holding the original records, Linking to the FamilySearch Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Images of parish registers are available online in historic records (formerly Record Search) Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 39
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241260.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administratons, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdictions over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
Add here any relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 679-682.Date accessed: 11 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:05.
- This page has been accessed 1,535 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki