Converse County, WyomingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Converse County Wyoming genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Converse County, Wyoming|
Location of Wyoming in the U.S.
|Founded||March 9, 1888|
|Address|| Converse County Courthouse|
107 N 5th Street
PO Box 990
Douglas, WY 82633
Converse County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 9 March 1888 from Laramie and Albany counties
- County Seat: Douglas 
- Neighboring Counties: Albany | Campbell | Carbon | Johnson | Natrona | Niobrara | Platte Weston
For tips on accessing Converse County, Wyoming census records online, see: Wyoming Census.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Early migration routes to and from Converse County, Wyoming for European and African American settlers included:
- Platte River
- Oregon Trail 1830s to 1890s from western Missouri to Oregon City, Oregon
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Mormon Trail 1846 to 1869 from Nauvoo, Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bozeman Trail 1863 from Fort Fetterman near Douglas, Wyoming to Virginia City, Montana
Naturalization and Citizenship
County Courthouse Converse County
County Clerk has marriage, land, military discharge and tax records from 1888 and poll records from 1930; Clerk Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1888
Family History Centers
|Bill||Douglas||Lost Springs||Rolling Hills|
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map III" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap3.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "Bozeman Trail" in Legends of America at http://www.legendsofamerica.com/na-armyindianwars3.html (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 766. Converse County, Wyoming
- This page was last modified on 28 April 2013, at 02:31.
- This page has been accessed 1,575 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More