Cooper County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Cooper County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Cooper County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||December 17, 1818|
|Address|| Cooper County Courthouse |
200 Main Street
PO Box 123
Boonville, MO 65233-0123
Cooper County Website
County Court House
County Clerk has birth and death records 1883-1893
and burial records; Circuit Clerk has marriage,
divorce, court and naturalization records from 1819
and land records from 1812; Associate Circuit Court
has probate record from 1828
See an interactive map of Cooper County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Cooper County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
St. Peter and Paul, Boonville
- 1850-1876 - St. Peter and Paul, Boonville, Baptism Index 1850-1876. Batch C511771 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1851-1876 - St. Peter and Paul, Boonville, Marriage Index 1851-1857, 1867-1876. Batch M511771 at FamilySearch - free.
A history of Cooper County, Missouri from the first visit by white men, in February, 1804, to the fifth day of July, 1876 by Levens and Drake (1876) is available online free from Google Books.
- Map of Cooper County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Cooper County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Map of 1904 Cooper County with numerous small settlements (My Genealogy Hound)
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Cooper County
Map showing Civil War battles in Missouri
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers and Sedalia newspapers from the late 1800's and early 1900's covering local news that included residents from Cooper County communities.
- 1819-1867 - Cooper County Birth Index, Volumes A thru C, 1819-1867. Batch C514821 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1868-1872 - Cooper County Birth Index, Volume E, 1868-1872. Batch C514822 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1883-1884 - Cooper County Birth Index 1883-1884. Batch C514825 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1819-1867 - Cooper County Marriage Books A thru C Index 1819-1867. Batch M514821 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1867-1883 - Cooper County Marriage Book E Index 1867-1883. Batch M514822 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1881-1885 - Cooper County Marriage Books 1 thru 3 Index 1881-1885. Batch M514823 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
- 1883-1884 - Cooper County Death Index 1883-1884. Batch B514827 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cooper County, Missouri. Page 399 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 9 August 2012)
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 03:49.
- This page has been accessed 1,619 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More