Corton, SuffolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Corton, Suffolk family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Poor Law Union||Mutford and Lothingland PLU|
|Parish registers: 1579|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
CORTON, a parish in Mutford district, Suffolk; on the coast, near the East Suffolk railway, 3 miles N by W of Lowestoft. 
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to Corton and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
Corton, Suffolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|Corton, Suffolk Parish Online Records|
This parish does not appear on Record Search at present. Refer to Suffolk Church Records
Parish registers for Corton, 1579-1930 The parish church of Corton is St. Bartholomew.
|Baptisms, 1579-1812. Marriages, 1580-1653, 1682-1754. Burials, 1579-1684, 1695-1812.|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1471162 Items 19 - 20
|Baptisms, 1813-1861. Marriages, 1754-1836. Banns, 1754-1811, 1824-1930. Burials, 1813-1912|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1471185 Items 1 - 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474598.
Poor Law Unions
- Mutford and Lothingland http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Mutford/Mutford.shtml
- ↑ 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales. Date accessed: 24 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Baptism Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk "Early" Burial Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 22:44.
- This page has been accessed 1,177 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki