County ArmaghEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to County Armagh ancestry, family history and genealogy parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
County Armagh (Irish: Contae Ard Mhacha) is one of the six counties of Northern Ireland.
General County Research Information
Further information about County Armagh is available at the GenUKI site.
Archives and Libraries
- Armagh County Museum
The Mall East
Armagh BT61 9BE
- Armagh Public Library
Armagh BT61 7DY
Tel: 028 37523142 - Fax: 028 37524177
- Doherty, Paul Martin. Tombstones of Some Irish Immigrants in the Catholic Cemetery at Andover, Massachussets. Covers the surname of Antrim, Joseph died 26 June, 1857, and family. Article in The Irish Ancestor, vol. IV, no. 1. 1972. pages 23-26. Family History Ref. 941.5 B2i
Civil Jurisdictions and Parish Research Information
- List of County Armagh Parishes
- 1885 County Map: Courtesy of London Ancestor
- Bygonesandbyways -- Townland maps for a few parishes in the center of the county
- Ffolliott, Rosemary. Some Game Licences of 1802. Alist of names, places of abode who took out Certificates of Game Licences issued in 1802, covering Couties, Armagh, Clare, Down, Kilkenny, Louth, and Tipperary. Article in The Irish Ancestor, vol.VIII.no.1.1976 pages35-47, Family History Library Ref. 941.5 B2i v7-8
contributed by Ffolliott, Rosemary. Some Lists of Mid-18th Century Linen Drapers in Sout-East Ulster. Lists of Linen Drapers from the Belfast Newsletter. covering years 1750-1764. Article in The Irish Ancestor, vol.XI. no.1. 1979. pages 9-14. Family History Library Ref 941.5 B2i v10-11.
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources or support its efforts.
North of Ireland Family History Society
c/o Graduate School of Education
The Queen's University of Belfast
69 University Street
Belfast BT7 1HL, Northern Ireland
- To view a list of Armagh web sites, visit FHLFavorites.info for some great sites.
- County Armagh, Northern Ireland GenWeb: Contains information on this county and additional links to additional resources.
- Armagh Resources and Help pages RootsChat Armagh Resources and Help pages. (Free).
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network - Armagh
Links to articles, subcategories and images under the Category County Armagh
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki see Help wanted on the County Armagh pages
- This page was last modified on 12 November 2014, at 21:47.
- This page has been accessed 13,041 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page