Court of the Archdeaconry of DorsetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A general explanation of probate records in England, is given in the article England Probate Records.
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit the Dorset History Centre or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Church of England. Archdeaconry of Dorset. Probate records indexes 1568-1857
A calendar of wills and administrations relating to the county of Dorset in the Archdeaconry court of Dorset, 1568-1792
Dorset History Centre Bridport Road Dorchester Dorset DT1 1RP United Kingdom
General Enquiries Name: Dorset History Centre Email: email@example.com Tel: 01305 250550 Fax: 01305 257184
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
Church of England. Archdeaconry of Dorset. Probate records 1568-1857
Act book, 1733-1738, 1779-1791 Act books 1733-1738, 1779-1791 and Bonds of guardians, 1688-1802
Court papers, 1620-1650 and precedent books in the 16th-17th century 1620-1650
Seal book, 1817-1820
All the county except Peculiars
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 16:09.
- This page has been accessed 1,274 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki