Court of the Archdeaconry of SalisburyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Here are two websites providing online indexes to Wiltshire Wills:
- The Wiltshire County Record Office's online Will Index 1540-1858
- Genuki provides a gateway to these 1000 abstract Wills
Printed and Published Indexes
- Indexes Catalogue of Wills 1800-1858
- Calendar of Wills Inventories 1528-1799
- Wills at Salisbury 1464-1858
Wiltshire and Swindon Archives
Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre
Wiltshire SN15 3QN
Tel: 44 (0)1249 705500
Fax: 44 (0)1249 705527 Website
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Original Wills & Administrations & Inventories 1597-1854
Family History Library Records
Index to Wills 1528-1858
The Courts of the Archdeacons of Sarum and of Wiltshire and also the Court of the Archdeacon of the sub-dean of Salisbury Cathedral held jurisdiction over the southern portion of Wiltshire and were inhibited triennually by the Court of the Bishop of Salisbury.
- This page was last modified on 6 December 2011, at 00:54.
- This page has been accessed 2,224 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page