Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of BarnstapleEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A general explanation of probate records in England, is given in the article England Probate Records.
Step By Step
Follow these steps to look for a probate record before 1858:
1. Discover when and where your ancestor died. If you don’t know, use the approximate date and place where they lived.
2. Go to the Court Jurisdictions section below.
3. Click a letter or span of letters for your place. This opens an article showing a table of places and the courts that had jurisdiction over them.
4. Follow the steps at the top of the table to search for a will.
Printed and Published Indexes
Family History Library Records
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 16:13.
- This page has been accessed 700 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page