Court of the City of NorwichEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records " (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact the Norfolk Record Office and either make a personal visit or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
A general will index covering much of the county is available.
Printed and Published Indexes
Wills probed in this court can be found on the enrolled deed and are indexed in an appendix in the following publication:
"Wills Preserved among the Norwich Enrolled Deeds" The Index Library volume 69 FHL British book 942 B4b volume 69.
Norfolk Record Office
The Archive Centre
Telephone: 01603 222599
Fax: 01603 761885
A short calendar of the deeds relating to Norwich enrolled in the court rolls of that city, 1285-1306, 1307-1341
Family History Library Records
Search probate records in the following additional courts when a search in this jurisdiction does not provide the desired will:
- Peculiar Court of the Dean & Chapter of Norwich
- Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich
- This page was last modified on 19 January 2012, at 21:41.
- This page has been accessed 1,148 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki