Court of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter CathedralEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Devonshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit TheFamily History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records. Then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Cornwall Wills online (see "Probate Records")
Printed and Published Indexes
Devon Record Office
Great Moor House
Devon EX2 7NL
Tel +44 (0)1392 384253
+44 (0)1392 384256
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Abstracts of Testamentary, Administrations and Accounts of Administrators 1532-1857
Probate Inventories & Administration Papers 16th to 19th Century
Inventories 1531-1699 in Deveon And Cornwall Record Society New Series vol 11
Family History Library Records
This court held jurisdiction over most of the following counties of Cornwall and Devonshire parishes:
The Court of the Bishop of Exeter (Episcopal Consistory) had jurisdiction over the whole of the diocese when there was not "bona notabilia' within two or more subordinate courts, and 22 Cornish parishes which were peculiars of the Bishop. The records of the peculiars of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter were virtuall all destroyed in 1942. Indexes
- This page was last modified on 6 December 2011, at 22:27.
- This page has been accessed 739 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki