Court of the Manor of Gringley-on-the-Hill or BawtryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Publihsed Records
The transcribed records include an index (see above). An index is also available at the Society of Genealogists in London.
The original records for this court are deposited at the Nottinghamshire Archives.
- Original wills and bonds, 1739, 1761-1858
- Enrolled wills, 1659-1858 (in court rolls)
Family History Library Records
Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
Gringley-on-the-Hill and after about 1800, Misterton, West Stockwith, Walkeringham and Beckingham.
- This page was last modified on 18 November 2011, at 15:52.
- This page has been accessed 738 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page