Court of the Manor of Rufford AbbeyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The original records are deposited at the Nottinghamshire Archives.
- Original wills, bonds, and inventories, 1641, 1707, 1728-1767 (12 wills total)
The records do not appear to br microfilmed.
Family History Library Records
This court had jurisdiction over Rufford Abbey only. Rufford was an 'extra-parochial' parish with minimal population.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:40.
- This page has been accessed 565 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More