Court of the Peculiar of BishopstokeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to the Hampshire Probate Records page.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Hampshire Record Office, or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. You can visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Hampshire Record Office
Archives and Local Studies
Hampshire SO23 8TH
tel 01962 846154, fax 01962 878681
Contact the Archives and Local Studies
Monday to Friday, 9am-7pm
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Original Wills 1569-1720
Family History Library Records
The Court of the Peculiar of Bishopstoke held jurisdiction over the parish of Bishopstoke. When a search of this courts’ records fails to provide the desired probate record, be sure to search both the Consistory and Archdeaconry Courts of Winchester as well as the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
The administrations (admons) for this "peculiar" probate court were processed and granted through the [Consistory Court] of Winchester.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:31.
- This page has been accessed 545 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki