Court of the Peculiar of GrettonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
For general information about English probate records, click here.
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Index and extracts of all wills and admons of the Peculiar Court of Gretton and Duddington from Film #200,101 can be found [here.]
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has the following records. Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
- Great Card Index, ca. 1100-1900 on film. The index contains names of individuals from various genealogical sources.
- Index to records of Lincoln Peculiar Courts, including Gretton.
The original records are in the collection of the Lincolnshire Archives Office.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has Wills and administrations, 1657-1832 on film number 200101.
Gretton and Duddington in Northamptonshire.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2013, at 05:42.
- This page has been accessed 826 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki