Court of the Peculiar of SouthwellEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit TheFamily History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The original records are deposited at the Nottinghamshire Archives in the city of Nottingham.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
- Original wills, bonds and inventories, 1506-1857
- Registered wills, 1530-1857
- Enrolled wills, 1470-1542
Family History Library Records
Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
- Peculiar Court of Southwell administrations abstracts, 1592-1857
- Peculiar Court of Southwell will abstracts, 1567-1857
This court was also known as the Peculiar Court of the Chapter of the Collegiate Church of Southwell. The court had jurisdiction over the following parishes.
- This page was last modified on 18 November 2011, at 18:01.
- This page has been accessed 1,141 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki