Court of the Peculiar of the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Deaneries of Arches, Croydon and ShorehamEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit Centre for Kentish Studies or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
KAO--index to wills, administrations, inventories and bonds of the Archbishops Peculiar Deaneries of Arches (London), Shoreham and Croydon 
The Centre for Kentish Studies is the Headquarters for the Kent Archives service. It holds manuscript and printed records for the County of Kent The Centre for Kentish Studies Sessions House County Hall Maidstone ME14 1XQ 01622 694363 fax: 01622 694379 firstname.lastname@example.org 
Also available through Lambeth Palace Library, London SE1 7JU England
Records at The Family History Library
Church of England. Peculiar Court (Arches, Croydon and Shoreham)1614-1841  This includes indexes, Original Wills, Bonds, Inventories, Administration Bonds and Warrants, Miscellaneous with Account, Act and Caveat Books
Familysearch.org Records of Images 1602-1841
Miscellaneous court papers
Miscellaneous court papers index
This court had primary jurisdiction over many parishes in the western half of the county of Kent. See the parish jurisdiction lists for specifics. Jurisdiction for the Deanery of Shoreham (Kent): The parishes are: Bexley, Brasted, Chevening, Chiddingstone, Cliffe at Hoo, St. Mary Cray, Crayford, Darenth, Downe, Eynsford, East Farleigh, Farningham, Gillingham, Grain, Halstead, Hayes, Hever, Hunton, Ide Hill, Ilfield, Ightham, Keston, Knockholt, Lidsing, East Malling, Meopham, Northfleet, Orpington, Otford, East Peckham, Penshurst, Plaxtol, Sevenoaks, Shoreham, Stansted, Sundridge, and Wrotham.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:56.
- This page has been accessed 2,449 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News