Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of ExeterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
For an explanation of probate records in England, click here.
Step By Step
Follow these steps to look for a probate record before 1858:
1. Discover when and where your ancestor died. If you don’t know, use the approximate date and place where they lived.
2. Go to the Court Jurisdictions section below.
3. Click a letter or span of letters for your place. This opens an article showing a table of places and the courts that had jurisdiction over them.
4. Follow the steps at the top of the table to search for a will.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has film copies of indexes for this court. See Calendar of wills and administrations relating to the counties of Devon and Cornwall proved in the Consistory court of the Bishop of Exeter, 1532-1800.
The original records of this court were destroyed in 1942.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:31.
- This page has been accessed 696 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page