Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of St. BuryanEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Cornwall County Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records. Then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Cornwall Wills online (see "Probate Records")
Printed and Published Indexes
Cornwall Record Office
Old County Hall
United Kingdom, TR1 3AY.
Tel: 01872 323127
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Original Wills & Administrations & Inventories 1605-1857
Act Books 1744-1845
Index to Wills 1605-1799 British record Society, List & Index vols 56 & 59
Family History Library Records
Court had jurisdiction over the parishes of St. Buryan, St. Levan and Sennen in the Diocese of Exeter.
- This page was last modified on 6 December 2011, at 22:28.
- This page has been accessed 887 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More