Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of CockingtonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records " (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Devon Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
There are no known indexes for this court. See the Devonshire Probate Records article under the subheading Manuscript Collections for some county-wide records..
Devon Record Office
Great Moor House
EX2 7NL Enquiry form
+44 (0)1392 384253 +44 (0)1392 384256
Microfilm of original manuscripts in Devon Record Office, Exeter.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library
Church of England. Peculiar Court (Cockington) Wills and inventories 1540-1754 Some county-wide records are listed in the Devonshire Probate Records article under the subheading Manuscript Collections.
This court had primary jurisdiction over the parish of Cockington.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 16:09.
- This page has been accessed 925 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page