Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of RavenstonedaleEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
For a general explanation about court records in England, click here.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History LIbrary has an index,1670-1856.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Of the three manorial courts, Ravenstonedale has by far the most records. The original wills, administrations, and inventories, 1670-1856, are all mixed together in rough chronological order by the initial letter of the surnames involved. There are no act books.
Family History Library Records
The following records are on film in the Family History LIbrary. Films can be view in a family history center.
- Bonds 1767-1818
- Register of all wills, administrations and tuitions 1670-1856
- Schedule 1575-1816. Note: this is comparable to the register mentioned for Temple Sowerby.
The parish of Ravenstonedale.
- This page was last modified on 16 November 2011, at 19:48.
- This page has been accessed 511 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki