Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of Ruyton-of-the-Eleven-TownsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Probate Records of This Court in The Family History Library".
3. Contact or visit Shropshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Indexes at the Family History Library
The surviving original records are deposited at:
Community Services, Castle Gates
Shropshire SY1 2AQ
Tel 44+ (0)1743 255350
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
- Act Books 1665-1709
- Register Copy Wills & Administrations 1666-1812]
- Wills & Administrations 1765-1783
- Inventories 1729-1770
Family History Library Records
This peculiar (smaller) probate court held jurisdiction over the manor of Ruyton-of-the-Eleven-Towns (in the diocese of Lichfield).
- This page was last modified on 19 December 2011, at 16:39.
- This page has been accessed 667 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More