Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of Temple SowerbyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A general explanation of probate records in England, is given in the article England Probate Records.
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has Index to Temple Sowerby wills and etc., 1580-1816 on film.
Cumbria Record Office, Carlisle
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Original Wills, Administrations and Inventories, 1580-1816, with index.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has the following records. They can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
The Chapelry of Temple Sowerby.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:49.
- This page has been accessed 1,146 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News