Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of CaldecoteEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has Index to the wills and administrations proved and granted in the Archdeaconry Court of Leicester, 1660-1750 : and in the Peculiars of St. Margaret, Leicester, and Rothley ; and the Rutland Peculiars of Caldecott, Ketton and Tixover, and Liddington prior to 1821'. Now preserved in the probate registry at Leicester, transcribed and indexed by Henry Hartopp. (FHL film 962745 Item 1)
The original records for this court are housed in the Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has copies of the following records for Caldecote. These may also have indexes. Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
- Will abstracts, 1580-1821
- Wills, administrations and inventiories, ca. 1720-1840
- Probate records, 1574-1820
Only for the parish of Caldecote. The place is also spelled Caldecott.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 16:13.
- This page has been accessed 750 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki