Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of EmpinghamEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has the following records.
- Original wills, administration bonds, and inventories, 1695-1835
- Index of wills, administration-bonds, inventories of the peculiar court of Empingham... 1745-1844
- Index to records of Lincoln Peculiar Courts
The original records are in the collection of the Lincolnshire Archives Office.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has the following. Films can be view in a family history center.
The following records are listed in the library's catalog for Caldecote but the films include Ketton with Tixover.
- Will abstracts, 1580-1821
- Wills, administrations and inventiories, ca. 1720-1840
- Probate records, 1574-1820
Covers the parish of Empingham in Lincolnshire and the hamlet of Harwick in Rutland.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 16:13.
- This page has been accessed 940 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More