Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of UffculmeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
See England Probate Records for a general description of probate records in England.
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
- Wills at Salisbury 1464-1858
- The Uffculme wills and inventories : 16th to 18th centuries edited by Peter Wyatt
The Wiltshire and Swindon Archives
Chippenham, SN15 3QN
Tel: 44 (0)1249 705500
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Microfilm of original at Wiltshire County Record Office.
Family History Library Records
Films can be view in the library or in a family history center.
This court had jurisdiction over Uffculme.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 15:10.
- This page has been accessed 1,798 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More