Court of the Peculiar of the Rector of CliffeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit Centre for Kentish Studies or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
This court is indexed on findmypast, available online for a fee, or free at a Family History Center.
Printed and Published Indexes
Church of England. Peculiar of the rector of Cliffe Probate record indexes, 1671-1845 
The Centre for Kentish Studies is the Headquarters for the Kent Archives service. It holds manuscript and printed records for the County of Kent The Centre for Kentish Studies Sessions House County Hall Maidstone ME14 1XQ 01622 694363 fax: 01622 694379 email@example.com 
Family History Library Records
Church of England. Parish Church of Cliffe (Kent). Peculiar Court Wills and inventories, 1671-1795 
Familysearch.org Records of Images 1450-1857
Miscellaneous court papers
Miscellaneous court papers index
The Parish Of Cliffe was exempt from the jurisdiction of the diocese of Rochester until 1846, at which time it was attached to that diocese.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:54.
- This page has been accessed 1,124 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More