Court of the Royal Peculiar of BridgnorthEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Probate Records of This Court in The Family History Library".
3. Contact or visit Shropshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Indexes at the Family History Library
- "Calendar of Shropshire wills and administrations deposited in the Shrewsbury District Probate Registry, 1630-1857"
- Index to various documents including wills 1635-1858
The surviving original records are deposited at:
Community Services, Castle Gates
Shropshire SY1 2AQ
Tel 44+ (0)1743 255350
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
- Original Wills 1635-1858
- Act Books
Family History Library Records
- Original Wills, Administrations and inventories 1635-1858
- Acts of Court
- Granting of Letters of Administration
- Announcements of Wills Proved
- Inventories & Minutes
This peculiar (smaller) probate court held jurisdiction over the parishes of Alveley, Bobbington, Bridgenorth St Mary, Bridgenorth St Leonard, Claverley, and Quatford in Shropshire.
- This page was last modified on 19 December 2011, at 16:46.
- This page has been accessed 692 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki