Court of the Royal Peculiar of St Mary ShrewsburyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Probate Records of This Court in The Family History Library".
3. Contact or visit Shropshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Index 1661-1858 in the Shropshire Archaeological & Natural History Society Transactions, 4th Series, vols 12, 45, & 46
Indexes at the Family History Library
- "Calendar of Shropshire wills and administrations deposited in the Shrewsbury District Probate Registry, 1630-1857"
The surviving original records are deposited at:
Community Services, Castle Gates
Shropshire SY1 2AQ
Tel 44+ (0)1743 255350
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
- Original Wills & Administrations & Inventories 1661-1858
Family History Library Records
- Original Wills, Administrations and inventories 1510-1858
- Act books (in Latin), 1674-1697, 1705-1737
- Case papers, 1679-1756
- Will register, 1707-1716
- Wills 1661-1858
This peculiar (smaller) probate court held jurisdiction over the parishes of Albrighton, Astley, Clive, and of St Mary Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2016, at 01:48.
- This page has been accessed 1,566 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News