Cranberry Township Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Cranberry Family History Center services Allegheny County and Butler County residents and other areas in the North Hills areas of Pittsburgh, PA.
Center Contacts and Hours
- google maps.com
- 2771 Rochester Road Cranberry Township PA 16066 United States
- Enter on the south side of the building. Ring the doorbell or knock on the door labeled Family History Center.
- Wednesdays 9:30am-3:30pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Closed for the holidays until Wednesday, January 7, 2015
- Closed April 1, May 2, July1, the month of August, November 25 and December 16-30th
- Other times please E-mail us:
No classes currently scheduled.
- FamilySearch Catalog: You may order films on familysearch.org online and then have them sent to our center for viewing.. We have an extended loan collection of Allegheny and Butler county films, as well as many New York, Eastern European, Welsh and Italian films. We also have a collection of microfiche.
- We have several genealogy reference books and also local county books of cemetery listings, local family histories, and several years of Butler county obituaries.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 manual film readers, one digital scanner reader (you may make an appointment time to reserve it), 10 computers with the FHC Portal, a printer, a copier, a flatbed scanner, and a microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
North Hills Genealogists
Volunteer at the Center - We would love to have you!
- This page was last modified on 13 December 2014, at 13:36.
- This page has been accessed 2,337 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page