Cranberry Township Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Cranberry Family History Center services Allegheny County and Butler County residents and other areas in the North Hills areas of Pittsburgh, PA.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2771 Rochester Road, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066
- Enter on the south side of the building. Ring the doorbell or knock on the door labeled "Family History Center".
- Location on Map
- Thursdays 9:30am-3:30pm and 7-9pm
- Other appointment times as needed. Please email to request a time.
Calendar and Events
Saturday, June 1, 2013 from 10-11:30am
GETTING MORE OUT OF THE CENSUS
Presented By Elissa Powell (Board Certified Genealogist & National Teacher)
Cranberry Family History Center, 2771 Rochester Road, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
FREE Family History 2013 Summer Classes!!!
Email: email@example.com to register for a class and/or to be put on our class announcements blast email list
Classes Thursday: 10-11 am
Classes repeated Thursday: 7:00-8:00pm
May 9 “Wikis for Genealogists and FamilySearch.org’s Learning Center”
May 16 “How to use FamilySearch.org’s new search engine” and other “Top Online Resource References”
May 23 “Search Steps and Tips, Helpful Timelines, Crowdsourcing, etc.!”
May 30 “FamilySearch.org’s Family Tree - Using the FHC scanner to add documents to Dropbox and then attach them to Family Tree”
June 6 “Family Search’s Family Tree – How to add Photos, Stories, and print Fan Charts with Ancestors and Descendants”
June 13 “Searching the Catalog and Ordering Films at FamilySearch.org”
June 20 “Getting Started Writing Personal and Family Stories”
June 27 “Family History Games for Family Fun”
Special One-Time Free Class! Sat. June 1, 2013 10-11:30am
“Getting More Out of the Census”
By Elissa Powell (board-certified genealogist and national teacher)
Take the next step in using the Census in finding out more about your family!
Staff Training Meetings
Come and learn the latest updates with Family Search and Indexing in the stake.
May 4th, 2013 4pm Training meeting for all Family History Consultants in the stake. Meet in the Relief Society Room across the hall from the FHC. 5:15 -5:45 pm the training will move to the chapel and include the Bishops, High Priest Group Leaders and Elder Quorum Presidencies. Sat. night adult session of Stake Conference is 6 - 7:30pm May 4th. Sunday session is by broadcast in your own buildings 10 am - noon.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog. We have an extended loan collection of Allegheny and Butler county films, as well as many other extended Eastern European and Italian films We also have a collection of microfiche.
- We have several genealogy reference books and also local county books of cemetery listings, local family histories, and several years of Butler county obituaries.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 manual film readers, one digital scanner reader (you may make an appointment time to reserve it), 10 computers with the FHC Portal, a printer, a copier, a flatbed scanner, and a microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center - We would love to have you!
- This page was last modified on 15 May 2013, at 18:01.
- This page has been accessed 472 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More