Cressage, Shropshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Atcham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1722|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1660|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
CRESSAGE, a chapelry, in the parish of Cound,union of Atcham, hundred of Condover, S. division of Shropshire, 3½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Much Wenlock.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Cressage parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|CRESSAGE PARISH (1605) Online Records|
|IGI||1660-1879||1661-1741, 1841-1875 (gaps)|
Bishop's transcripts held at Lichfield Record Office Bap 1660-1872 Marr none Bur 1660-1872
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474584.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 720-725. Date accessed: 06 June 2012.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Shropshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 9 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 25 May 2015, at 15:30.
- This page has been accessed 2,676 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More