Cripplegate Ward, London, EnglandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The City of London was divided into sections known as wards. Each ward consisted of a group of parishes.
Many sources, such as tax and London Sessions records, group parishes into wards. Knowing this jurisdiction aids researchers in locating ancestors in these records.
Census and Inhabitants Lists
- Cripplegate Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/145/151); copy: FHL Film 2228700.
- Cripplegate Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/590 Part 4); copy: FHL Film 2228704.
1667 Hearth Tax
- Cripplesgate Ward Without, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/630); copy: FHL Film 2228702.
1693-1694 Four Shilling in the Pound Aid
- Miller, William. London Before the Fire of 1666: With an Historical Account of The Parish, The Ward, and the Church of St. Giles without Cripplegate. Brought Down to the Present Time. London: J.H. Woodley, 1867. Digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:05.
- This page has been accessed 2,118 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki