Croxton, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Thetford|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Croxton is a village and civil parish in the Breckland district of Norfolk with one of the 124 surviving round tower churches in that county.
Croxton All Saints is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The Parish church of All Saints, The Street, Croxton has been designated as a grade I listed building British listed building and is a well maintained Norman Round Tower church with extensive Victorian renovation.
Frances Blomfield An Essay towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk: volume 2 (1805), pp. 150-155. at British History Online
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Thetford 1837-1938
- Wayland 1939-1974
Croxton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS ATs = England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812 (FamilySearch) - free|
|FS BTs = England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941 (FamilySearch) - free|
|Croxton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 166, 1-6
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue indicates that the following Archdeacon's transcripts are on film but these have not yet been converted to digital images for publication
|Baptisms and burials 1725-1755, 1788-1812 Marriages 1732-1748, 1788-1811|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526791 Item 4
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438860.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Croxton near Thetford on GenUKI
- Parish Info
- All Saints Church Croxton church website
- Croxton for photos of church.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 737-742. Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- This page was last modified on 27 May 2015, at 13:00.
- This page has been accessed 5,460 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News