Curland, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Hundred||Abdick and Bulstone|
|Poor Law Union||Taunton PLU|
|Parish registers: 1634; For more records see Curry Mallet|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1605|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Taunton|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
CURLAND, a parish in Taunton district, Somerset; adjacent to the Chard and Taunton railway, 5¼ miles NNW of Chard. Post town, Staple-Fitzpaine, under Taunton. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Curland, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|SOPC = Somerset Online Parish Clerks - free|
|Curland, Somerset Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474592.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Date accessed and adapted: 17 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 12 July 2014, at 06:50.
- This page has been accessed 1,366 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki